Located on California's beautiful Central Coast since 1985, Opera San Luis Obispo (OperaSLO) is the region's only professional opera company, and one of only four Grand Opera companies in the state. OperaSLO productions boast full orchestras, choruses, ballet, and original, complete sets and costumes. Season programs feature diverse events from elegant and intimate recital series to exciting educational experiences and spectacular grand opera and musical theatre productions.
OperaSLO complements each season with an ever-changing cascade of rising opera and Broadway stars of both national and international acclaim. OperaSLO is a Resident Company at Performing Arts Center San Luis Obispo as well as Vina Robles Ampitheatre. See our current season here.
Opera San Luis Obispo’s Mission is to positively affect our community through the power and beauty of opera by using a diverse, innovative and balanced program of excellent performances, relevant events and inclusive educational experiences.
Our vision is for San Luis Obispo County to become a destination for lovers of opera through Opera San Luis Obispo’s excellent and entertaining performances which will attract and build future opera audiences and improve the quality of life on the Central Coast.
Opera San Luis Obispo’s Goals are:
- To reach people of all ages and backgrounds through education, creative programs and affordability.
- To effectively collaborate with other non-profit organizations that share our vision of artistic excellence.
- To cooperate with community arts groups to our mutual benefit.
- To provide excellent professional opera experiences for outstanding local and visiting musicians.
- To ensure Opera San Luis Obispo’s sustainable future through fiscal responsibility, audience development, partnering, excellent and diverse programming choices and effective fundraising.