South Pacific Auditions
July 13 & 14 | The Academy of Dance in SLO
Opera San Luis Obispo (OperaSLO) is holding Auditions for its 2019 full-production of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s classic musical, South Pacific. This production will have 2 matinee performances in Miossi Hall of the Performing Arts Center San Luis Obispo on October 12th and 13th. This production of South Pacific represents a “Grand” and rare performance opportunity featuring full sets, costumes, ballet, chorus, and accompanied by the full OperaSLO Grand Orchestra. The production will be stage directed by Zach Johnson, choreographed by Drew Silvaggio, and with music direction by Brian Asher Alhadeff (General and Artistic Director of OperaSLO).
GENERAL AUDITION FORMAT:
Candidates open to a variety of roles must prepare 32 bars of a song from or in the style of the show. If using sheet music, an Accompanist will be provided. If using a cd or phone, a speaker will be provided. There will be NO Acapella auditions. You may be asked to read a side from the show as well.
The role of Emil de Becque has been cast. Cover roles will be offered. Candidates only interested in specific leading roles must prepare the following audition:
Nellie Forbush: “A Wonderful Guy”
Lt. Joseph Cable: “Younger Than Springtime”
Bloody Mary: “Bali Ha’i” and “Happy Talk”.
● All Roles are competitively paid.
● Rehearsals are to start in Mid September with a Company Meeting in late August.
● Auditions (by appointment) will be held on Saturday 7/13/19 from 2pm – 7pm and Sunday 7/14/19 from 10am-2pm. They will be located at The Academy of Dance located at 3422 Miguelito Ct in San Luis Obispo.
● Callbacks/Dance Call (if necessary) will be on Sunday from 3pm-6pm at the Academy of Dance
● We will see walk-up auditions in the order they arrived as time allows
● For more information or to schedule an appointment please contact Zach Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.